Saturday, August 2, 2008

Alisa's Colour Challenge


Alisa Tilsner has a weekly colour challenge. This week's colours are Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Summer Sun and Whisper White or Very Vanilla. I have never used Summer Sun in a card before, but I like the combination and have a few more designs running around my mind. I have again used products from the New Spring Mini catalogue. "True Friend" and "One of a kind" stamp sets and "Apple Cider" Designer Series Paper. The flower image is stamped using Ruby Red ink and then cut out with the great SU paper snips. A clear round rhinestone brad from the Pretties kit completes the flower. I used dimensionals to give the flower a 3D look. The scalloped edge on the Summer Sun cardstock was created by using the corner rounder punch. Whisper White grosgrain ribbon finishes the layout. Again I have cased Dawn Easton's blog and used a Mojo Monday sketch for this card.
I am really pleased with my effort and the best part was the card only took 10 minutes to create.
I hope you like my challenge efforts. Please leave a comment.
Have a great weekend, Cath :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

LOVE your challenge card! Great work! That was a really challenging colour combo!