Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mad Inkstincts Team Challenge - 1st Card


My wonderful Manager Madonna has set our team a couple of challenges to help the creative juices flowing. I came home this afternoon to an empty house and thought Woohoo take the chance to create.
The challenge was to create a card or scrap page using the colours or layout from the photo of the above tissue boxes. I used a design from a sketch challenge from Dawn Easton's blog. The base of the card is River Rock and I layered some of the latest Designer Series Paper called "Apple Cider", this coordinates perfectly with the Stamped image from the stamp set "True Friend".Both products are from the new Spring Mini Catalogue, (email me at mickcath5@activ8.net.au if you would like a copy of the mini and I will get it to you asap.) The green designer series paper, also from "Apple Cider" was layered onto Ruby Red Cardstock and both of these were punched using SU square punches. The flower image from "True Friend" is stamped with River Rock ink on Whisper White card stock, with River Rock ink sponged to give the image some depth. I finished the card with "Wild Wasabi" stitched ribbon. I'm happy with the colours not to sure about the layout. Definately out of my comfort zone.
Cheers Cath :)

2 comments:

MadonnaDunn said...

Apple Cider fits perfectly!!! Well done!! Love the card! Thanks for participating!

MadonnaDunn said...

I also forgot to mention earlier that flattery will get you everywhere! ;-)