Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kristie's Colour Challenge


My SU sister Kristie Morrison has issued us with a challenge to create a card from a photo of a Magnolia tree that she walks past every day. This is my first attempt.

I have used Very Vanilla for the card with a Mellow Moss layer. The main image is using the Carte Postal Stamp set and I have coloured the stamp using SU's fantastic soft subtles markers. I can't praise the markers enough - you can do so much with them. Colour images, journalling and the Direct to rubber technique that I used here, to name a few. I coloured the stamp with the Mellow Moss marker for the leaves and stem and the Pretty in Pink marker for the flowers. For the middle of the flowers I used a blender pen and the ink from the Purely Pomegranate Stamp Pad. You pool the ink in the lid of the stamp pad by pressing on the lid and then pick up the ink with a blender pen. To stamp you simply breathe onto the inked image to remoisten the ink before stamping onto the cardstock. The image was layered onto Pretty in Pink and the message in the middle was layered onto Mellow Moss cardstock. For finishing touches I used the small flowers from the Pretties Kit and again using my Pretty in Pink marker I coloured the flowers and used the blender pen to add some Purely Pomegranate ink. Fire Rhinestone brads were added to the flowers for a bit of bling. Very Vanilla and Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon finished the card.

What do you think? I'll be back over the weekend to add some more images and my Upline Madonna also has set a challenge for our team.

Have a great weekend.

Cathie :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cath, thanks for the heads up for your blog!!! Well done. This card you made for Kristie's challenge looks great.

Kristie said...

This is lovely Cath...very nice job indeed! I'll put up a link on my blog so that anyone else who wants to play can come see it too!!
Thanks for playing!