Monday, July 28, 2008

Get Well Cards

These are some of the amazing cards that I have received in the last 12 days. I recently had a back operation and my 12 yo son James had a bad trail bike accident (we are very lucky to still have him with us), so needless to say I have been feeling a little blue and sorry for myself.
I must say that a handmade card, really lifts you when you need it. The first card is from the talented Kristie Morrison. Kristie is my 'SU sister'. The Dahlia fold flower is awesome and will be trying that out as soon as I am well enough.

The second card was from my 'SU Granny' Alisa Tilsner. Alisa is also very talented and her work is amazing. The card speaks for itself. The flowers are all cut out and layered with dimensionals for a amazing 3D effect. (Just ignore the date stamp, when I work out how to get rid of it - I shall. Will wait until the 17 yo comes home. :))
Next another card from another "SU Sister' Tanya. Again the card speak for itself. Beautiful clean images and the colour combination was fantastic. This next card was done by a lovely little friend of mine Melissa. She is 13 years old and the nicest teenager I have ever meet. Melissa has stole the heart of my 3 yo son Andrew and he tells me that he will marry 'Lissa' one day. Couldn't resist showing the card off.
And last but not least is the first card I received one day after my operation. My 'SU Mother" the lovely Madonna "MAD", came to visit me just after I was released from hospital. Mad made me this card, brought me a lovely plant and heaps of new scrapbooking magazines.

It was great catching up with Mad as I havent seen her since Convention in April. As always Mad's infectious love of life was very catching and Mad made me feel amazing. After nearly two hours I was very tired and I dont think either of us stopped talking the whole time. DH Mick was very clever - he went shopping for two hours.

I loved the card that much that I came home and ordered the Designer Series Paper that Mad used. Its so fresh. Hope you liked my Get well cards as much as I do.

Cheers Cath :)

No comments: