Monday, July 28, 2008

So Swirly 6 x 6 Calender



During our SU Convention in Brisbane this year we were shown how easy it is to create our own printed cardstock for scrapping and cardmaking etc. I couldn't wait to try it out and here is one of the pages that I made. Here is my wonderful family - my darling hubby Mick, Michael 19, Andrew 3 and me (Cath), Thomas 17, Matthew 13 and James 12. (I am so lucky - surrounded myself with good looking men :))

This is a page from my SU Desktop Calender. It is so easy to make, each month is a 6 x 6 page. At the end of the year you just tear the pages off and make them into a 6 x 6 album or add them to a 12 x 12 layout.

I used the So Swirly Jumbo Roller with Night of Navy Ink and rolled this diagonally over Whisper White 12 x 12 Cardstock (the tip is rolling diagonally is more forgiving then horizontally) Then using daubers I highlighted areas with my SU Pastel chalks. After I cut the 12 x 12 sheet down to strips, squares and rectangles I had fun creating my 6 x 6 layouts for the calendar. I had heaps of my printed cardstock left for other projects. I decided to use a monochromatic colour scheme and used Brocade Blue for the layering. The matching Stamp set Priceless helped add embellishments to each page. The Brocade blue butterfly in the corner was stamped on a piece of scrap cardstock and then cut out with SU paper snips and added with a Stampin Dimensional. I also used the new SU Rub ons for the Title.

1 comment:

MadonnaDunn said...

Woot Woo!! Welcome to the World Wide Web!!! So glad you made it!! Love your his and hers and I really love the So Swirly done in blue. Very nice!